Location Lexington, Massachusetts
Referral Code 115895
We are looking for a SAAS Operations Engineer to be a key member of the Cloud Operations team, and be responsible for operating and managing the cloud infrastructure that runs our SAAS product at scale and with high availability.What youll be doing:
- Monitor the deployment using external and internal monitoring tools
- Add and improve automation deployment scripts
- Practice Disaster Recovery
- Push new versions of the product to staging and production environments.
- Troubleshoot issues such as:
- Networking issues
- Performance issues
- Failures in components functionality (such as Web server is down, DB replication is not working)
- Work in a fast-paced development environment with globally distributed development and support resources.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support 24x7 coverage of our service offering
- Work with an industry-leading team and interesting technology
- Contribute to Cloud initiatives across the company.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Linux/Unix systems administration, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers
- Good understanding of network and security protocols
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience in monitoring and managing a large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable
- Experience with Python is highly desirable
- Experience with Puppet or Chef is highly desirable
- Travel to our Santa Cruz, CA office for knowledge transfer and periodical meetings
Four year degree