Title Software Engineer - Analytic Software (California)
Location Sunnyvale, Select...
Referral Code 102517
Calxeda is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Our company mission is to bring revolutionary computational efficiency to the data center built around the ultra-low-power ARM architecture. Furthermore, we are developing server platform technologies that scale efficiently to thousands of processor nodes with balanced, high-performance network and storage acceleration techniques, and advanced power management features.
If you like the idea of being a key contributor, and you like the idea of working for a company that wants to change the industry, then we'd like to hear from you!
- Design and deliver analytic software features, extensions and packages.
- Develop C/C++/Scripting Language software in a highly scalable Linux environment.
- Actively engage in Open Source Community to expand support for the Calxeda system design.
- Implement and execute feature validation suite as well as measure and optimize application performance.
- Clearly document all design work and ensure that customer documentation is complete and accurate.
- Provide guidance to hardware engineering team for opportunities related to features and optimizations.
- Undergraduate degree in Comp Science or Electrical Engineering required, graduate degree preferred, plus 5+ years of hands-on experience with design & development of structured & unstructured data analytic software in highly scalable environments with deep knowledge of clustering & distributed programming.
- 5+ years of Linux based development and expert level knowledge of Linux internals and Server Systems
- Excellent C/C++/Java/Scripting Language skills.
- Expert knowledge of OO architecture and design in Java.
- Demonstrated expertise in and understanding of persistent storage, coherence, and DB fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of hardware systems design and ability to collaborate with system design team.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve personal and professional skills combined with openness to constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.