Title Director Product Management
Company Rent the Runway
Location New York, New York
Referral Code 112020
Rent the Runway is a disruptive eCommerce business with a mission to democratize luxury in the U.S. simply, we believe that everybody deserves a Cinderella experience. Today, we provide millions of members the ability to rent designer dresses, accessories and other essentials for approximately 10% of retail prices, around all the special occasions in their life. In the future, we aim to own our members social calendar, enabling them to access the products and services they aspire to around all of lifes occasions. Our platform is also revolutionary in that it is a much needed customer acquisition channel for the brand partners we work with, providing them access to younger customers and important data.
Launched in November 2009, Rent the Runway has grown to be the leader in the global fashion rental space and is known as a Netflix for Fashion. We are backed by some of the top venture capitalists in the world including Kleiner Perkins (Google, Amazon, Zynga, Ebay), Highland Capital (Staples, Lululemon, Pinkberry) and Bain Capital Ventures (Linkedin, Kiva Systems). Since launch, Rent the Runway has won numerous awards including Silicon Alley Insider Top 100, Business Insider Top 100, Fast Companys Top 3 most innovative fashion companies, Time Magazines Top 50 websites in U.S., Fortunes startup dream team, Fortune most powerful women in business, and Daily News most powerful people in fashion. Our team is filled with passionate go-getters who are always dreaming big, implementing their ideas, delivering an incredible experience to our customers and creating a fun, dynamic culture.
The Product Management team at Rent the Runway is committed to the customer and their user experience. The site is the first step into their Cinderella Moment, and the team ensures the site delivers a top notch experience. The Product Management team, and this role, is critical to the growth of the overall business.
The Mobile Director role is responsible for leading the overall mobile strategy for Rent the Runway, while leading role large scale mobile projects from product discovery to launch. The role is responsible for initiatives that can dramatically impact the business, and the individual within this role should exude passion about the responsibility that this role entails.
- You are have a deep passion and expertise about everything Mobile (everything from mobile web to app development) and the overall customer experience
- You are visionary, and thrive on coming up with creative product ideas that are disruptive
- You have a strong understanding of established mobile (smartphone and tablet) standards and UI best practices, and a passion about how the industry is evolving
- You enjoy making peoples lives easier
- You are a creative problem solver who looks beyond what people say and focuses on what they need
- You are not afraid to drive an issue forward when necessary, but you know how to prioritize based on business need
- You can think big picture, but understand how to manage a project to focus on iterative changes that can make large impacts
- Bachelors or Master's degree in related field
- Minimum of five years product management experience with mobile products
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent written and oral capabilities
- Expert knowledge about Mobile and eCommerce.
- Also, comfortable with technology
- Experience bringing mobile products from conception to implementation, including defining roadmaps, communicating specifications, managing resources, and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with web analytic tools such as Google Analytics
Four year degree
No travel required