Title Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location Lexington, Massachusetts
Referral Code 99151
The Senior Technical Support Engineer provides tier 2 or tier 3 level support to customers and/or partners who contact Imprivata Technical Support seeking assistance with Imprivata products.
Deliver high quality technical support and customer service to Imprivata’s worldwide customers, partners, and technical support team by:
- Working escalated cases to resolution through the use of remote sessions, reproducing the customer environment/issue, researching with engineering on how to simulate a problem or arrive at a resolution, and other resources.
- Effectively documenting the technical details of the case as well as the details of all customer, partner, and engineering interactions in the case record in a timely fashion so that the activity relative to the case is current and may be easily understood by others.
- Vetting out cases that are set for escalation to get an understanding of the issue make sure all pertinent troubleshooting information has been provided.
- Regular collaboration with engineering relative to the status of progress on active cases, and flow of relevant case and troubleshooting information.
- Manage all cases with attention to the documented service levels for the support plan that is held by the customer.
- Mentor the Tier 1 Support Center teams on effective troubleshooting techniques and packaging a case for escalation.
- Participate and contribute to the Engineering and Support defect triaging processes to ensure the proper prioritization of bug fixes. (Tier 3)
- Communicate the status of upcoming fixes or enhancements to Support team. (Tier 3)
- Contribute to the Hotlist process for proactively communicating solutions and updates to customers on known cases which have the potential for being widespread or have a severe impact. (Tier 3)
- Assist with the release management process. (Tier 3)
- Enhance job skills through participation in product, technology, and customer service training as it is made available.
- Practice the give and take model of knowledge and experience exchange by sharing information gained through individual training, on-sites, and other non-typical job-related opportunities with the greater team.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience with Windows administration. Experience with Active Directory domain architecture and relationships. Experience with native Windows tools for managing users and computers within an Active Directory tree.
- Three or more years of experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Windows software deployment at an enterprise level. Experience with third-party software deployment programs such as Tivoli, LANDesk, SMS, and Active Directory push.
- Three to five years of experience with Microsoft Windows troubleshooting tools. Experience with key Microsoft native utilities. Experience with anti-virus-protected environments and interoperability issues such as installation routines and run-time issues.
- Two or more years of experience with authentication methodologies such as NTLM, Kerberos, smartcard-based authentication, token-based authentication, and biometric authentication.
- One to three years of experience with conducting and communicating root cause analysis.
- Two to three years of troubleshooting experience with streamed or virtualized applications/desktops in a Citrix, Terminal Services, and/or VMWare environment. Understanding of related authentication protocols such as explicit, anonymous, and pass-thru authentication.
- Two to four years of experience with troubleshooting issues relating to network architecture and protocols.
- Two to five years of experience troubleshooting application software issues.
- One to two years of experience with crash fault debugging.
- One to two years of release management experience.
- Three to five years of experience with third-party application workflows, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Two to five years of experience delivering excellent technical support in the software technology industry. One to three years of experience with project management.
- Two to five years of experience communicating both in written and verbal form, professionally.
- Two to five years of experience with producing both written and verbal technical communications.
- Two to five years of experience with following and producing technical documentation. Ability to act as an advocate in situations where customer representation is required throughout the company.
- Two to five years of experience with process and process enhancement definition.
- A reliable, self-motivated individual who has the ability to work in an organized manner, multi-task effectively, and exercise sound judgment in situations involving customers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of industry-specific compliance and regulatory standards such as HIPPA, SOX, CJIS and GLBA.
- Technical training or formal education focused on technology, a plus.