Title Systems Engineer
Location Cambridge, Massachusetts
Referral Code 111655
The Systems Engineer works with potential customers to understand their data center environment (network, storage, etc.) and explain how our product can fit in and enhance it. The SE will work with Infinio sales representatives to qualify opportunities for technical fit, drive the proof-of-concept process (typically by explaining to a customer what to do over the phone), and clearly communicate the value of our solution via web-based demos and presentations. The SE will also be responsible for communicating insights from customer environments back to product development teams to help in guiding future product development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing product demos and presentations over the web for potential customers
- Answering detailed technical questions customers may have about our products fit in their environment
- Occasionally going on site to work with a customer on product installation and POC
- Acting as a trusted technical contact for strategic customers
- Give live product demos to broad groups of VMware and storage administrators
- Answer questions 1:1 as prospects stop by our booth
- Communicate insights from customers back to the product management and engineering teams, and participate in the process of prioritizing our feature backlog.
The ideal candidate will be an expert working with VMware vSphere and storage technologies (NAS in particular), and have direct hands-on experience building and deploying VMware clusters in a shared storage environment. He or she will also be very articulate, a seasoned presenter, and be able to map technical features back to higher level business value for customers. 3-5+ years of sales/system engineering experience at a virtualization vendor or value-added reseller strongly preferred.